C. V. Akerlund Media Foundation
c/o Borenius Asianajotoimisto
Kuninkaankatu 26 B 33200 Tampere
Tel. +358 50 515 1440
Tel. +358 3 214 9111
Are you looking for funding for your research, work or studies in the field of media?
C. V. Akerlund Foundation actively supports the development of expertise and education in the field of media. Its fundamental mission is to fund master’s theses, study trips, courses and research projects.
The foundation disburses hundreds of thousands of euros as grants and scholarships annually. All the professionals, students, scholars, corporations and societies of the multi-channel media can apply for a grant. The roots of the foundation are in Tampere but the grants are disbursed nationwide.
During the application period in March grants can be applied via the web page of the foundation.
Examples of given grants
- Master’s theses
- Vocational degrees
- Research projects
- Allocated professional education projects
- Study trips and language courses
Grants are not disbursed for the purchase of equipment or software.
The board in 2019
- Chairman, CEO Erkki Solja
- Vice chairman, emeritus chancellor Jarl-Thure Eriksson
- Director Matti Apunen
- Master of laws Ilmari Dunder
- Master of laws Matti Häkkinen
- D.Sc., director Päivi Myllykangas
- M.Sc. Mikko Toikkonen
- Executive Business Director Marjaana Toiminen
- Partner Tanu-Matti Tuominen
The executive director of the foundation is Juha Ruotsalainen.